Moments depicting devotion of the adherents of different religious faiths of the global community. These creations should be of high photographic value.
Nature of the Competition
The contest consists of four sections:
B – Student section for School level: Images (photographs) taken using traditional cameras (Students up to class 13th year studying in Government or private schools)
C – Students in Higher Education Institutes (Universities, Technical Colleges, Vocational Training Institutes etc.): Images (photographs) taken using traditional cameras (Students under age 30, Non photography professionals, following over one-year full time academic courses, Age limit is not applied for Postgraduate students)
D – Photographs (Images) taken using mobile phone cameras (No age limit)
E – Digital Creations using own photographs
Rules for the Entries
• Colour or Monochrome photographs relevant to the theme can be submitted.
• With the desire of seeing more and more new photographs are born in this photography field, any photograph, which won at a photography contest or exhibited previously, will not be accepted.
• The maximum number of photographs a person could submit for the competition for a section is five. The applicant can submit up to 5 for one of the A, B, and C sections. They can also submit Five each for D and E sections. All together the total is 15 images. • The organizers will print the selected photographs for the exhibition.
• Photographs up to a maximum number of 300 will be selected for the exhibition.
Image Submission Conditions:
• Photographs will be accepted through “www. shraddhaseya.org” website.
• Submissions must be in digital format only.
o at 1920 pixels along the longest dimension with 300 dpi resolution and save at level 8 or upper level.
o No borders, watermarks or signatures should be included.
o Images should not be smaller than .5 MB and not larger than 5MB.
• Pictures must not show the name of the photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information (these details can be included in the metadata of the pictures but must not be visible on the picture itself).
• Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted for A, B,C and Sections:
-Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software.
-The content of a picture must not be altered by adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame.
(ii) Removing sensor dust or scratches on scans of negatives is permitted.
(iii) Converting to monochrome is permitted.
Evaluation of photographs
1st February 2019
Closing for Entries
22nd September 2019
Awarding the Prizes & Opening of the Exhibition in Colombo
(Depending on the availability of the venues)
Prizes and certificates
- 1st place - Gold Medal, Trophy, Certificate, Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 100,000.00
- 2nd Place - Silver Medal, Trophy, Certificate, Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 75,000.00
- 3rd Place - Bronze Medal, Trophy, Certificate, Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 50,000.00
- 4th to 13th Place - Commendation certificates and Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 10,000.00
- Others - Certificates will be awarded for all the photographs selected for the exhibition.